The title sequence for my film will be of feel good drama genre. I am working with Amina Hebouche. We have been heavily influenced by the following films : The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (Ben Stiller, US, 2013), Jerry Maguire (Cameron Crow, US, 1996) and Forrest Gump (Robert Zemeckis, US, 1994)
Louise Brown- Main character (woman)
Occupation changes throughout the film. To the beginning she works in offices at the end she is the founder of an organisation.
Anita Devar - Indian girl
She originally has no occupation but by the end of the film she is a student at a school
Matthew King- Louise's love interest
Occupation as a missionary
Mike Healy- Louise's manager
Todorov's theory of narrative
- Equilibrium - Louise dislikes her boring office job where she has to do work which she hates and have to put up with sexist comments from her horrible colleagues and managers especially her manager Mike Healy. She has always had dreams of travelling the world and help those who are less fortunate than her by experiencing there cultures and finding herself in the world and not just the office she works in.
- Disruption of Equilibrium - She has a mental breakdown at work and was fired. She couldn't afford to pay her rent which was flat shared so her friend evicted her. Louise has nowhere to go so decides to live her dream by travelling the world to get away from her depressing life in London.
- Recognition of Disruption - She tries to gather money from her Life Savings and when trying to think about where to go to she finds a leaflet for a charity working in India. This then gives Louise the idea to go to India and help the children.
- Attempt to Repair: She travels to India where she manages to find a place to live with a local family. There she bonds with a young Indian girl called Anita who dreams to become a teacher. Louise has an epiphany and she realises that her life is not as bad as others. She helps Anita by helping girls get an education in Anita's village even though the odds are against her. She went to New Delhi to try to convince the government to help her but they say it is against the countries wishes.
- New Equilibrium - After several months, Louise managed to achieve what she wanted by persuading the Indian government to let girls in Anita's villages have an education so that Anita can try to become a teacher. Louise becomes the founder of a organisation which helps girls in India get an education. Louise meets a missionary in India and they start a relationship together.
Propp's character theory
- The villain - Mike Healy
- The helper - Anita Devar
- The prince - Matthew King
- The hero - Louise Brown